- If there are small holes or cracks in your building, they crawl through these and make way to your home or office.
- Keeping your windows or doors open is another ease way cockroach finds to enter your house.
- In UAE, as we live in apartments close to each other, they move from one flat to another by pipes and other holes in shared walls.
- And finally, hitching a ride on backpacks, bags, suitcases or other containers.
Now that you know how cockroaches visit and affect you, it is important you take the necessary prevention to avoid a severe cockroach infestation. Consider these steps you can take at your home to reduce the cockroach activity and prevent future infestations.
- Ensure that your food is stored in sealed containers.
- Keep stove tops, counters and floors clean of grease and food.
- Repair leaks in plumbing leaks.
- Use sticky traps to identify areas of significant cockroach activity.
- Seal cracks and holes near doors, windows and other areas of the home.
- Look for signs of cockroach eggs, droppings and shed skins.
- Locate as many hiding places as possible. Cockroaches usually look for warm areas that have access to water.
- Continue prevention and monitoring efforts to make your home less habitable for the insects.
- As cockroaches are good at hiding, it’s crucial to get rid of clutter that cockroaches might use for hiding or breeding.
Contact Ideal Pest services and get rid of those annoying pests. Call now : 052 9081709