Safe use of Pesticides
Always read the label and understand the information or instruction on pesticide before using. Look for color coding, warning labels, pictogram, and safety instructions. Get advice from the supervisor.
Observe the safety precautions recommended on handling the concentrated formulation and for applying the diluted product.
Wear the necessary personal protective equipment recommended by the manufacturer.
When pouring or mixing the concentrated product, avoid splashing or spilling on the skin or clothing.
If any product splashes / spills on to the skin or eyes, flush it with water and obtain medical attention.
Contaminated clothing must be removed and washed.
For measuring out and transferring the product, use suitable equipment. Direct contact with any part of the body shall be avoided.
When spraying the diluted product, always work upwind of the spray and avoid coming in contact with it. Avoid contact with freshly sprayed foliage.
Use the correct application equipment. Maintain and use it properly. Do not use leaky equipment since leak can cause skin contamination.
- Do not attempt to blow out clogged spray nozzles with the mouth.
- Smoking, eating food or drinking is prohibited while handling / using pesticides.
- Do not touch your face or other parts of the body with contaminated hands or gloves.
- After working with the pesticides, wash your hands, face and other parts of the body. Wash work clothes each day separately from other clothing,. A good bath shall be taken at the end of the work.
- Preparation of spray mixture and loading of the machines should be done in open air.
- Never spray pesticides during windy days.
- Carefully wash all containers and machines thoroughly and collect the contaminated wash water in receptacles for final disposal as per your established procedures.
- Application work must be done in groups to help one another if anyone is affected by harmful chemicals.